Contract: Maternity cover from April 26th 2021 to December 30th 2021
Salary: depending on experience
Full-time hours: (40 hours per week)
At Nesta Italia we believe in the transformative possibilities of new and emerging tech (emtech) for solving social challenges at local, national or international level. The Arts can play a role in this – thanks to the capability of artists and creatives to look at things from different perspectives, pushing boundaries of what it is possible.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience in the social innovation field and expertise in emerging technology with social impact to lead the organisation‘s projects.
You will lead the Social Tech Lab, be responsible for the delivery of its main goals and impact and will be directly involved in the S+T+ARTS (Science+Tech+Arts) Regional Center. As a STARTS Regional Center, Nesta Italia promotes initiatives that promote collaborations between artists, scientists and engineers for the development of more inclusive, green and sustainable solutions.
You are expected to work actively together with the Executive team on business development too, to ensure the growth of the Foundation’s programmes.
You will help build the pipeline of initiatives under the Tech for Good umbrella, leading research and projects aimed to inform about the implication of emtech for good and its potential and to stimulate innovative solutions for good. You will deliver workshops and training activities to innovators and third sector organisations, write short research reports on emerging technologies and their potential, bidding for funding (eg. Horizon Europe or other EU-funded calls, national or regional bids), growing the pipeline for the Social Tech Lab working closely with the CEO and comms teams.
You will have a solid knowledge of emerging technologies and understand their potential, as well as adopt a critical approach towards their impact.
You will be responsible for the coordination and high-quality delivery of both the Social Tech Lab and the S+T+ARTS initiatives, you will be reporting directly to the Executive Team. You will also contribute to other Nesta Italia’s projects, in which technology plays an essential role for maximising the impact of our action.
You will conduct projects together with Italian and European partners and will be constantly looking for new business opportunities that can help Nesta Italia growth and deliver impact.
Our dissemination activities (e.g. events, blog posts) will be informed by the findings, lessons learnt and best practices you will collect and analyse thanks to the activity conducted on the field. Writing blogs, running though leadership events, and building a network around the Tech 4 Good area is a key part of this job. The ability to communicate and engage with different audiences is therefore essential.
You are a skilled project manager, able to design, implement and report the activities you will be responsible for, being foresight research, projects, workshops or events.
You have previously led projects on technology and/or social innovation, managing relationships with key partners and raised the visibility of the initiative at national level. Your ability to conduct practical research and produce toolkits or short reports is essential in this role.
You are familiar with European bids and / or local grants and can write proposals in autonomy. You have a strong entrepreneurial attitude and a natural ability to build new partnerships.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Italian and English. You have experience in design and running workshops as well as in report writing. A good knowledge in the Arts and Culture field or in other innovation areas in which the organisation operates are a plus.
Your work will be key to shape Nesta Italia and its impact in Turin, Italy and Europe.
Nesta Italia is a startup, therefore you will be involved in different projects and aspects of the foundation’s activity such as market research, communication and programmes. The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is therefore essential.
- Ensure high quality projects’ deliverables and programmes
- Considerably contribute to the development and implementation of the Social Tech Lab
- Be involved in the STARTS Regional Center’s leading some of its activities
- Manage independently one or more projects under the umbrella Tech for Good, coordinating activities with the partners and external stakeholders
- Manage resources, budget and timeline of the projects you will lead
- Conduct desk research of the existing literature, as well as lead primary research through interviews, focus groups and workshops
- Liaise and communicate with internal and external stakeholders of the project
- Work with the team to design and facilitate the workshops to be organised as part of the programmes in which you will be involved
- Analyse the collected research, enabling insightful conclusions and clear recommendations
- Work closely with and provide content to the Comms team to effectively communicate content outputs in a clear and engaging way, tailored for different audiences and presented through different channels (e.g. written reports, events, blog posts, social media)
- Write European bids and / or national proposals – seizing for new national and European opportunities in the social inclusion and emtech area (desirable)
- Support the leadership team in business development activities, showing a strong entrepreneurial attitude
- All the activities above will be conducted with a high level of autonomy, with the supervision of the Executive Team
You will bring (essential):
- Relevant experience in managing innovation-related projects within a think-tank, foundation, consulting, social accelerator, incubator or similar
- A strong knowledge of emerging technologies, gained thanks to previous working experiences in the field
Knowledge of the startups/social ecosystem, as well as social innovation methods, is a plus
- A solid network in this area, with the ability to find new partners, cultivate relationships and identify new audiences
- A keen interest in social inclusion, system innovation and technology for good
- Excellent project management, negotiation and budgeting skills
- Familiarity with H2020 European bids and experience in business development
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with a diverse, high-performing, busy team
- Good networking and public speaking skills
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to research and work independently, and juggle multiple tasks and topics simultaneously
- Demonstrable evidence of good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Italian
Good IT Skills (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel, using the web for research and using social media)
- A developed network of relationships relevant for the growth of the Social tech lab and the STARTS Regional Center is a plus.
About Nesta Italia
Nesta Italia is an innovation foundation. Based in Turin, Nesta Italia is a partnership between the global innovation foundation Nesta, and Compagnia di San Paolo, one of Italy’s largest and oldest philanthropic foundations.
Nesta Italia supports innovation in Arts and Culture, Tech 4 Good, Social inclusion – using Nesta’s proven innovation methods to encourage social innovation in Italy and shape the communities of the future.
Nesta Italia uses its knowledge, networks, funding and skills – working in partnership with others across Italy, including governments, businesses and charities.
Nesta Italia is a startup, therefore we are looking for passionate and entrepreneurial people who can contribute to the foundation’s growth, maximising its positive impact.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please send an email to email@example.com by 12:00 PM on Wednesday 31st March. You will be asked to submit your:
- Cover Letter
- References (1 or 2)
First round of interviews (video call or in person) will take place on the week starting on April 7th. Second round on the week starting on April 12th.
Starting date: 26th April – 3rd May 2021 (not negotiable)